Saturday, June 17, 2023

Collective Intelligence

The Santa Fe Institute is hosting a 3 day workshop on the topic of Collective Intelligence this coming week.  I applied, was accepted and registered and plan to attend this coming week, Tuesday-Thursday 6/20/2023-6/23/2023.



My participation in this effort references the last few blog posts on related concepts (Symbiotic Intelligence, Collective Consciousness) and previous work (Symbiotic Intelligence ca 1998) and uncountable speculations over the arc of my "conscious" awareness (age 3 to today with regular but brief breaks otherwise known as sleep or unconsciousness?).


I am making this blog entry as a mechanism to focus my thoughts and try to prepare for this coming week.  It should be noted that I am at least mildly intimidated by this meeting and the expected participants.   My education in the first place is lacking, my career only prepared me for lots of superficial exposure to a wide range of related topics, and my self-discipline and character do not support the kind of acute focus apparently required to obtain either the depth or the breadth that others in this group will come with.   To be clear, my deficiency is probably more in depth than breadth by this time in life, but that is not to say that I don't have holes or blind spots scattered through the fabric of my understanding or awareness.



No comments:

Post a Comment